Looking forward to these gigs, friday arvo drinks til close at chatswood. Then Monday night at Beresford Hotel the new home of ‘the Monday Jam’ which always pulls a great crowd – I’ll be spinning tracks between Deni Hines sets. Then this Thursday in China while attending the Music China Music Trade Show, my first gig in Shanghai in Dada Bar I’ll be throwing down the soul, funk, disco and house flavas!
GOOD NEWS ! We will now be looking to kick off an hour earlier at 11am, set times are below. Please be sure to get there early as these park jams tend to start and finish pretty early. We are planning to end about 5:30 ish but will go later if we can, just depends on how things play out the day.
11am – 12pm – BENN HINN (Play Bar)
12pm – 1pm – GRAHAM MANDROULES (All Souled Out DJ’s)
1pm – 2pm – DJ ADVERSE (The Groove Dealers)
2pm – 3pm – EDSEVEN (Lioness Presents)
3pm – 4pm – DJ MK-1 (Universal Zulu Nation,)
4pm – Close – PHIL TOKE (Soul of Sydney)
Location will be sent via email by 9am Sunday Morning, we just need to double check what the weather is going to do.
Please read updated info below.
★★ Please Note ★★ (Please read Important Info below)
– Please be advised this is an INVITE ONLY, LIMITED NUMBER throw-down for our extended SOUL FAMILY & FRIENDS. We are keeping this one nice and personal, word of mouth kind of vibe so numbers are manageable on the day.
– Location is a NEW PARK-SIDE OASIS that will be sent via EMAIL by 9am on Sunday Morning.
-Please REGISTER INTEREST if you would like to attend, it is limited to one RSVP per adult (kids are welcomed to come with parents and do not need to RSVP).
– This is an outdoor jam, which is weather dependent; in the event of rain, we will either move or postpone date.
– Please be advised we will be in a public space that is ALCOHOL FREE, so please be respectful & mindful of that fact as we run the risk of being shutdown if people are openly drinking.
– We are planning to run from about 11am till around 5:30ish (or possibly later depending on how the day goes).
– The location is approx 15 mins from Sydney CBD & close to transport (bus and train), parking is very limited so please get try and get their early if you are looking to attend.
– Please feel free to email us at email@example.com for any questions or send us a message on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/soulofsydney.
-THANK YOU all for the support, the response has been overwhelming. We started out doing these free invite only park jams for our friends and family a few years ago and have wanted to go back to doing them where we can. The response to this has been colossal & probably more than we can handle on Sunday. We will definitely be looking to do more pop-up block parties and picnics over summer so stay tuned for information.
★★ SOCIAL PAGES // Follow us for information on our next secret block party, picnic or ticketed events
★★ VIDEOS //
You can check out videos for an idea of what to expect here;
ELECTRIC SLIDE (Oct 2012) | http://on.fb.me/1EIK7FS
SOUL TRAIN Highlight by DJ MK-1 (Oct 2012) | http://on.fb.me/1N2ldBi
AINT NO BODY | http://on.fb.me/1N2lowl