Sydney ART & ABOUT festival starts this weekend folks! With 9 Nights of Free gigs at the Terrace Bar pop-up bar @ Sydney Town Hall from 5pm-10pm each night. Catch me, DJ CMAN on the closing weekend of the 26th & 27th supporting Aussie Jazz icon Emma Pask, and Paul Capsis with his 20 piece gospel choir! Sure to be a great event put on by City of Sydney Council. Come down check it out and enjoy some art and music in the evening this spring!
This spring, Sydney’s newest live music venue is The Terrace. For nine nights only, the historic Sydney Town Hall Terrace becomes the backdrop for a rooftop garden bar with the best live music the city has to offer – and it’s all free! (No tickets required, it’s first in, best dressed!)
• Fri 18 September from 5pm – Jones Jnr with DJ Huwston
• Sat 19 September from 5pm – Pat Capocci with Dusty Fingers
• Sun 20 September from 3pm – Kid’s Day featuring DJ Bubu spinning 80s hits + kids craft activities and dance tutorials
• Tues 22 September from 5pm – Sydney Youth Music Team takeover: Gordi & Twin Caverns with Family Values + Daisy
• Wed 23 September from 5pm – Microwave Jenny with Rhythm Sensua
• Thur 24 September from 5pm- Richard in Your Mind with Dusty Fingers
• Fri 25 September from 5pm – Dave & Joji from Gang of Youths with I OH YOU DJs
• Sat 26 September from 5pm- Emma Pask: A Latin Fiesta with DJ CMAN
• Sun 27 September from 3pm- Paul Capsis & Café of the Gate of Salvation with DJ CMAN
The Terrace celebrates Sydney’s rich live music scene with a diverse line-up including a special acoustic set by Dave & Joji from the chart-topping Gang of Youths, indie-pop darlings Microwave Jenny, and the Latin jazz stylings of The Voice star Emma Pask.
That’s along with intimate sets by Jones Jnr, Pat Capocci and Richard In Your Mind, and an unmissable performance by one of Sydney’s favourite sons: Paul Capsis with Café at the Gate of Salvation, in which one of our most iconic voices sings alongside a 20-person gospel choir.
DJ Bubu will spin the decks with disco and 80s hits with easy-to-learn dance tutorials on Kid’s Day. Art and craft activities will keep the kids busy when they are all danced out.
The Terrace is designed by sustainable-style gurus Amber Road and takes inspiration from the garden rooftop renewals of New York to create a lush green oasis in the heart of the city.
Enjoy a post-work drink and bite to eat to the soundtrack of Sydney’s best DJs.
For more information the full Art & About program, visit artandabout.com.au
#ArtandAbout, #Cityofsydney, #DJCMAN